Wednesday 25 December 2013

Coastal photos during my walk - 'Dramatic'

I live along a road off St. Asaph Avenue in Kinmel Bay, near Rhyl. I decided to go for a walk along the coast with my Olympus SZ-31MR camera and take some pictures to see how it fared. It was cloudy outside, and as it was a Winter's afternoon (last Saturday), there wasn't loads of light from the sky and there was a lot of haze.

Still, here are a select few of my favourite shots that I took:




I call this one (above) 'Stairs to the Sea'. I had to get in the right position to get it exactly right. After about five minutes of bracing myself against the strong winds and stabilising the camera in my hand, I took it. This is on 'Dramatic' scene mode. The camera changes the contrast, colours etc. for me, so this is actually without any 'computer' enhancements!




This one is the best of all my photos taken during my walk. Anyway, I call the one above 'One Destination' because whatever path you take - the sky, tarmac, sea wall or rocks, you're going to the same place. I like how they all lie adjacent to one another.




It was half past two when the Sun was in this position so you know that it's Winter! The camera was on Auto mode in this one. It's difficult to adjust to normal colours of the camera after using the 'Dramatic' scene so much, but it's much more natural.

This isn't Flickr or Instagram, so I won't publish a whole set of photos I have taken. But I hope the ones above tell a story for you and show a little of the Kinmel Bay environment.

Do you want the originals of any of these three photos? Just give me a comment and I'll send it to you.

PS. I've found out what bird that is below that I photographed - it's a Long Tailed Tit. Thank you RSPB website

PPS. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment